Court rules in favour of the supremacy of UK Parliament

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Some disloyal citizens start moaning about it.

"Shut up, you lost" they are told.

Sponsored Links
Prior to this,

Suzanne Evans wrote
”Our boys didn’t fight in two World Wars for a United States of Europe. They fought and died for what is now is peril: our democratic independence, our freedom, and for the parliamentary sovereignty of the United Kingdom.”

Nigel Farage wrote
“I believe in Britain. A Britain outside of the EU with an exciting future ahead of it. A proud, patriotic country that has control of its borders, represents itself on the world stage and makes its own laws in our own sovereign Parliament.”

Patrick O'Flynn wrote
“Parliament has the sovereign right to MAKE the law,”
“The UK parliament is sovereign and legitimate to us.”

Leave UK wrote
“Vote to leave the EU to ensure law-making power returns to our sovereign national parliament.”

Aaron Banks wrote
“If parliament is sovereign we can either do a brilliant job or awful depending on who we elect. It’s called Democracy.”

David TC Davies MP wrote:
“I believe it is wrong that laws are made by unelected officials in Brussels, not by elected MEPs and certainly not by our own MPs in Westminster.”

How soon they change their tune! Looks like they didn't mean it after all!

You are a disgrace John and personally you don't deserve to be part of the UK. I very much hope that when the UK leave, Sturgeon is successful in getting scottish independance so that we can build a wall similar to what Trump is proposing and if any of you miserable scots try and climb over on it you get a lead shower.

Sponsored Links
Hadrian the Roman tried that:whistle: ( wall, that is)

Brexiteers voted in favour of Parliament running this Country not the EU

Now they are whinging that the Law Courts have come out in favour of their request

One could not make it up !!!:eek:

...our parliament and courts would be 100% sovereign....

...the process of making Britain’s Parliament sovereign once again....

...we will regain sovereignty. Parliament will - for the first time in 40-odd years - become more accountable to voters, instead of being able to blame everything on the EU

... a bunch of plucky folk who'd had enough and wanted their sovereignty back...

...Pure and simple it was about democracy, sovereignty and accountability of elected politicians....

...it was primarily about sovereignty....

... I just want the sovereign ability to legislate it for ourselves....

...Parliament votes to trigger article 50 and leave the EU....
Which is what the UK court has just decided is the route that must be taken. How strange that Quitters are moaning about it. Although I must correct your wording. Parliament decides if article 50 is to be triggered, or, Parliament decides if the negotiated terms are to be accepted, or, Parliament decides to repeal the EU laws or not.

Your wording suggests that Parliament doesn't make a decision and can only vote one way. Which could only happen if somebody else, or something else, had supremacy over Parliament.

Until then the EU court still takes precendence.
What do you mean? Surely you aren't suggesting that the "EU Court" (what's that?) decides if a country can resign from the EU.

Which is what the UK court has just decided is the route that must be taken. How strange that Quitters are moaning about it.
I'm not moaning about it. As long as parliament respects the will of the referendum majority and does agree to leave the EU one way or the other.

What do you mean? Surely you aren't suggesting that the "EU Court" (what's that?)
You know very well I mean the ECJ.

decides if a country can resign from the EU.
No not that specifically. I mean it takes precendence in general, on any matter that it chooses to poke its nose into.

I'm not moaning about it. As long as parliament respects the will of the referendum majority and does agree to leave the EU one way or the other.

Parliament is supreme, and has the duty and the power to make the decision.

You are not supreme, and you do not have the duty or the power to make that decision or tell them what to do. Neither does Mrs Mayhem.

You do however have the freedom to moan about decisions you don't like.

Parliament is supreme, and has the duty and the power to make the decision. You are not supreme, and you do not have the duty or the power to make that decision or tell them what to do.
Thanks for the info. If we need any more redundant irrelevant statements we'll be sure to ask you.

Sponsored Links
Back