Court Verdict (on line)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Court verdicts are public information.
Where can you find the verdict. I'm guessing someone on this forum has negotiated this.

The reason I would like to know is:
I'm witness to a criminal case to be heard in a magistrates, I have been advised I do not need to attend. My thinking on this, is that there is previous history & the sentence that a magistrate can impose is not severer enough, so the case is going to crown court.

I have followed lots of google links but to no avail.
I thought it would be a simple job as I know the court, the name & the case number.

Appreciate any help
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
As far as I know if it does go to crown court both the defence and prosecution can require relevant witnesses to give evidence, so you would in all probability be called.

Thus if you know about previous criminal history it is possible that you might be swayed to give a slightly different version?

That's why judges only give those details after the verdict is made, as regardless of said previous criminal history it is only the crime in question that is being tried.

Magistrates have recently been given more power to hear some cases that otherwise would go to court to try and reduce the current back log after Covid so the case may stay with a magistrate.

Court verdicts are public information.
Where can you find the verdict. I'm guessing someone on this forum has negotiated this.

The reason I would like to know is:
I'm witness to a criminal case to be heard in a magistrates, I have been advised I do not need to attend. My thinking on this, is that there is previous history & the sentence that a magistrate can impose is not severer enough, so the case is going to crown court.

I have followed lots of google links but to no avail.
I thought it would be a simple job as I know the court, the name & the case number.

Appreciate any help
Thanks.

Phone the court in question.

The details you have are enough to give you outcomes but not ongoing trials. If you are looking at pst history, an advantage is to know where the person/s were tried.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Spooky !

I found Courtserve.net this morning & signed up for a free account. This will give me a list of what's scheduled for a court for that day, not sure if it gives the result & I certainly haven't found anything reliable yet.

There's a case in crown court tomorrow which I'm VERY interested in but I'm sure it will be reported in at least the local rag.

As far as I know if it does go to crown court both the defence and prosecution can require relevant witnesses to give evidence, so you would in all probability be called.

Thus if you know about previous criminal history it is possible that you might be swayed to give a slightly different version?

That's why judges only give those details after the verdict is made, as regardless of said previous criminal history it is only the crime in question that is being tried.
That's not what I'm asking or saying.
I did not need to go to magistrates.
As far as previous convictions that has nothing to do with being a witness as I have made a witness statement.

Magistrates have recently been given more power to hear some cases that otherwise would go to court to try and reduce the current back log after Covid so the case may stay with a magistrate.
It's going to crown

Spooky !

I found Courtserve.net this morning & signed up for a free account. This will give me a list of what's scheduled for a court for that day, not sure if it gives the result & I certainly haven't found anything reliable yet.

There's a case in crown court tomorrow which I'm VERY interested in but I'm sure it will be reported in at least the local rag.
Yes I've registered on that, it only gives dates, not verdicts.

Yes I've registered on that, it only gives dates, not verdicts.

So far, I've not found anything that gives the results. There may be something behind a paywall for journalists etc, but I'm not paying to find out.

I think you either need to be there or rely on the local rag reporting.

Could the defendant have pleaded guilty via post or solicitor therefore no need for witnesses to appear.

Sponsored Links
Back