Hmmmm Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joinerjohn

I just tried to reply to the Hmmm topic, only to realise it had been locked by the mods, My reply was going to be as follows......

Reading the papers and watching the news during the trial, I do feel the right verdict has been reached in this particular case, But I will say this,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Racism is a double edged sword.
There was another case recently in the news where some Muslim girls attacked a white girl. Their defence argued that they had been drinking alcohol and were not used to the effects of this. The judge agreed and practically let them off, with a slap on the wrist.

Had this been white girls attacking a Muslim girl whilst drunk, I'm sure the outcome would have been far different. The courts would have felt obliged to make an example of the girls and given them a hefty prison sentence simply to appease the Liberal do-gooders of this country.

My personal view and I certainly don't think there's any racist intent in my post. I'm simply stating facts (and perhaps a bit of supposition).

Sponsored Links
I would agree with you. I also feel the guy who just got 150 hrs community service after his pit bull savaged a woman to death would have gone down if he'd been white.

Well it should be when bigots try and tell everyone else what should be right. Just because they think so.
Hurl insults and are allowed to have them left.
If a tread is no good delete it rather than have half arguments (Deleted) hanging in the air.

Sponsored Links
Oh for Godzilla's sake.

It really is like watching a bunch of five year olds.

Can you not even take a step back and remember what caused the crime (and the post came after the crime).

Cheesus... grow up people... a young man died. And a number of other young men are going to spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

This is really not a topic that we should be scoring points off of.

And you wonder why the (oft-berated) mods closed the previous thread :rolleyes:

I politely suggest the childish bickering that got the last thread deleted, stop and that the subject be discussed sensibly.

I certainly didn't want to resurrect any arguments with this thread. I only wanted to add my own personal view of it and try and put it in context with the country we live in today, (certainly a lot different from the 90's)

Can you not spell names from the bible?
For my time here, "Alarm", is one of my faves. Which make his post all the more bewildering.

God=Godzilla? Jesus (did not exist in my book) = cheesus...

Anyway, my point was that a) it's like watching a bunch of five year olds and b) the original post was about a young guy who died.

I'm at a loss to see the humour in this.

Alarm; I'm a fan of yours on these forums, let's find something more appropriate to shout about...

Okay a black friend and a white friend were killed in a car crash when a Police car traveling to a call out without blues and twos hit their car and killed one instantly and the other died two days later. This was in 1983 near Paddington Police station.
There was never this much coverage nor outrage.

So I can see no reason for this episode.

@ scuttle

I think you'll find that joinerjohn started off by saying that he thought the right verdict was reached, I agreed with him. He then went on to make another perfectly valid point. So what's your problem with that?

Why the hell is General Discussion still here? Any pseudo-warped discussion on any of the other forums gets moved/locked/deleted PDQ - why do we have to have an "I Hate You" forum to out the bigots?

Chees....***

Let's delete GD..

***"Chees" is the non-religious version of Jees...."

Okay a black friend and a white friend were killed in a car crash when a Police car traveling to a call out without blues and twos hit their car and killed one instantly and the other died two days later. This was in 1983 near Paddington Police station.
There was never this much coverage nor outrage.

So I can see no reason for this episode.

Well, I said that I was I quite the fan but, "what...."?

The reason I find this "interest" in the current news even crass and boring.
No more no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back