cover for downlighters in cupboard

Fair enough (probably about the same for me!) - but, of course, that is none of my business. However, perhaps that one was too easy, particularly given the existance of laws related to driving - maybe I should have asked you when you last hit Mrs Sheds, or something like that!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Years ago, but it wasn't done knowingly.
OK, I'm going to stop this now, because it otherwise might get too embarrasing or silly. As I'm sure you understand, I've merely been trying to illustrate that there are many things about you, your actions, behaviour and decisions which are none of my business, and about which I would never normally dream of questioning you, least of all 'in public'.

Kind Regards, John

Wow that's quite a bit of activity since I last checked in!

Chri5 - thanks that is basically what I want to do. Do you know how tall they are (couldn't see on the website) by any chance? Ideally I would like my bridges to be around the same height as the cornice (~30mm). If necessary I could always cut them down as you suggest although I think I may be able to make my own at lower cost. I had considered some scrap materials (admittedly MFC not plasterboard) but thought metal may be a better option. The fitting does get very hot although holding my hand ~10mm away I can't really feel anything so there can't actually be that much heat generated.

Taylortwocities - thanks for your confirmation that the general plan should work.

JohnW2 & BAS - sorry if I have ignited an old argument. For what it's worth, I am aware of the requirements. The cables have been installed + tested by an electrician. I have just fitted the lights and joined to a JB on top of the cupboard.

Sponsored Links
As I'm sure you understand, I've merely been trying to illustrate that there are many things about you, your actions, behaviour and decisions which are none of my business,
Well - you clearly don't get the fact that there are sometimes things about a person's decision on notification which are our business if we are to avoid giving him advice which could end up costing him substantial amounts of money.

The alternative to asking the question directly is to ask him to go off and read advice in the Wiki and then to return if he still wants to carry on, which is going to tell us exactly the same thing (be it truthful or not).

The alternative to asking the question directly is to ask him to go off and read advice in the Wiki and then to return if he still wants to carry on, which is going to tell us exactly the same thing (be it truthful or not).
That alternative is, indeed, IMO how it should be done - and it does not tell us the same thing (as asking the OP if (s)he has, or is going to, break the law). If, having acquainted him/herself with the legal requirements, the OP 'returns and says that (s)he still wants to carry on', we don't know whether (s)he has decided to carry on legally or illegally - which, IMO, is how it should be.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back