Covering bare brick porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I've got a small porch to renovate shortly.
One side is a bare brick wall with a small radiator on it.
I want a plastered finish so I'm looking at options.
Width is very tight in the porch and I don't want to have to remove the rad + brackets and adjust the plumbing. So for example I wanted to avoid D&D 12.5mm thick wallboard.

The bricks are quite a rough finish to cover, so would need Bonding etc.
I could remove the rad but leave the brackets in place and just work round them.
I was wondering if I could get away with a thin coat of Bonding that would level off to the peaks of the brick texture, then multi finish skim? Similar to what you may do to cover an artex ceiling.
Has anyone here tried this before on a wall - either good or bad outcome?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not a problem at all, done similar many a time. The only thing to worry about would be the suction. As usual, pva the bare brick, let it dry, then pva again,then put on a thin coat of bonding. Let that pick up, then put on another thin coat. Leave it to set, then put on a couple of coats of multi finish. Overall thickness,, just a few mm,, 6 or 7 at the most, keeping it tight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back