Covid-19 discussion

There are a few key ways that Christianity is different from other religions. First, every religion teaches a different way to earn our way to god. For Christians, God actually came to us by giving us Jesus Christ. We didn’t have to figure out what to do correctly to get to heaven; God gave us a way.
Just like Allah. Or Joseph Smith. Or Kevin Feige.
Most other religions have systems of rules that are used to appease their god, however in Christianity it’s about a relationship with God. Christians don’t have to do good works to make God happy, because God has already blessed us with His grace. He has already shown His love for us by giving us His Son Jesus Christ.
Yeah, thank god there aren't a clearly identified list of rules engraved into stone for us to follow.

I'm not convinced you know much about any religion.

Sponsored Links
only believe there is one God, but the scripture does point out there is the god of this world. which is satan.
did he give this virus , i don't think so, i stick to man messing with nature. bio lab incident.

loads of god shops about, which ones is counterfeit ,

There are a few key ways that Christianity is different from other religions. First, every religion teaches a different way to earn our way to god. For Christians, God actually came to us by giving us Jesus Christ. We didn’t have to figure out what to do correctly to get to heaven; God gave us a way.

Most other religions have systems of rules that are used to appease their god, however in Christianity it’s about a relationship with God. Christians don’t have to do good works to make God happy, because God has already blessed us with His grace. He has already shown His love for us by giving us His Son Jesus Christ.
So is this whole post just saying that it's not down to god, or you preaching?

For Christians, God actually came to us by giving us Jesus Christ. We didn’t have to figure out what to do correctly to get to heaven; God gave us a way.

That attitude to God maybe what has caused the problem as it's not a correct way to interpret any branch of Christianity.

in practice Christianity and others need Faith. Faith implies that there is no need for proof and so no point in blaming God for problems.

A creationist may say it's by design as a virus is capable of mutating.

Sponsored Links
"Faith" means "believing in things you know aren't true" as a chaplain once told me.

"Russell's teapot is an analogy, formulated by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872–1970), to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making unverified claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others.

Russell specifically applied his analogy in the context of religion.[1] He wrote that if he were to assert, without offering proof, that a teapot, too small to be seen by telescopes, orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, he could not expect anyone to believe him solely because his assertion could not be proven wrong."

Doesn't square with a spiteful god that bestows plagues upon the world if some people behave in ways he didn't program them to do.

Doesn't square with a spiteful god that bestows plagues upon the world if some people behave in ways he didn't program them to do.

Typical attack his beliefs

If he was a Muslim you would say nowt :LOL:

Defend his beliefs ;) typical LWR
:LOL:

"Faith" means "believing in things you know aren't true" as a chaplain once told me.

Must've been one very screwed up Chaplain.

I'm not a 'believer', as far as I'm concerned there is no such thing as God, religion, all religion, is in my opinion a scam of some sort or other. But here's the thing, my mum was a catholic, a devout one at that. She had faith, and she certainly never for one moment thought that the thing she had faith in weren't true, that would be stupid, almost as stupid as your chaplain friend.
Whilst I don't 'believe' or 'have faith', and might occasionally take the pi55 out of some religious sorts, I kind of get that if it makes them happy, let them get on with it, who am I to pi55 on their porridge. Who knows, maybe they're right and we're wrong, stranger things have happened.

I don’t believe that God created man but I do believe that man created God. Nothing wrong with that, just saying. Goodnight. :sleep:

what plagues upon the world , do you mean in Egypt , that was localised and short, and specific, and for a very good reason.
so let all the murderers and criminals go free, its not there fault its Gods fault, that's your logic.
rather than trying to point a finger at God, how about those that have blocked a hospital computer, for ransom money, or how about the idiots that spit at NHS workers, or cough at police how about them do you think they should brought to justice. yes or no. was they programmed to do that , or did they chose to do that. will the judge say , oh its not there fault ,they was not programmed to do that let them go.

And one more thing, despite not being a believer, a Christian, a religious nut, I think it's important to go through life being a 'good person', to have some sort of moral compass and as a rough guide, the Ten Commandments is probably a reasonable target.
I would consider 7/10 a pass rate.;)

Sponsored Links
Back