Covid19 advice from Italy

No idea what RWR is and certainly not upset. Par for the course though, playing the man not the ball. Why don't you use your extensive expertise to help rather than criticise? There's a recurring theme in all the political threads of a bunch of prolific posters of all persuasions revelling in the prospect of the other side failing so that they can point and laugh and post triumphantly 'I told you so'. To a disinterested observer, it comes across as obsessive and quite sad. That's all.

Ohh the irony. If you were disinterested then why post?

Sponsored Links
There's a recurring theme in all the political threads of a bunch of prolific posters of all persuasions revelling in the prospect of the other side failing so that they can point and laugh and post triumphantly

Believe me, nobody is revelling in the failings of this government or brexit.

But we have a right to hold these people to account.

Example: Matt Hancock said he is working with supermarkets to ensure continuity of supply. That is a lie.
I dont think its unreasonable or triumphalist to point that out, do you?

Sponsored Links
Yes, it does exactly that.

You have made no attempt to provide any counter argument to refute SirGalahads point, youve just attacked him.
Is that not playing the man not the ball?

My guess is that the source of your annoyance is due to your political allegiance, the same reason you are upset when I post threads critical of brexit, yet you dont raise the same critism on pro brexit threads

I don't have a political allegiance. You might try taking your Brexit lenses out now and again, the world may look a little different. The subject of this thread is thread Covid19.

Believe me, nobody is revelling in the failings of this government or brexit.

Why would they?, neither have failed.

Example: Matt Hancock said he is working with supermarkets to ensure continuity of supply. That is a lie.
I dont think its unreasonable or triumphalist to point that out, do you?

Why is it a lie?, my understanding is he met with supermarket bosses today and hopes in the next few days to relax rules so they can deliver during the night, and possibly extend lorry drivers hours.

You have made no attempt to provide any counter argument to refute SirGalahads point,

All galahad did was attack the government. Same as you are doing.
Just your usual hogwash. If it was a war time situation you would be doing the exact same.
typical lwr. scaremongering over brexit and now scaremongering over corona.
Par for the course indeed.

Last edited:
Why is it a lie?, my understanding is he met with supermarket bosses today and hopes in the next few days to relax rules so they can deliver during the night, and possibly extend lorry drivers hours
After the first time he said that, supermarket representatives said they had not had any discussions with him.

It was a lie.

After the first time he said that, supermarket representatives said they had not had any discussions with him.

It was a lie.

Its far more cynical the lack of testing and guidance.

One example. Two old people had called about having symptoms that indicated likelihood of having corona but as they were not tested they passed away. Recorded as death from old age.

Oh look. Just what those who are informed have been saying but the RWR are as usual in denial.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/health-expert-brands-uks-coronavirus-response-pathetic

Prof John Ashton, a former regional director of public health for north-west England, lambasted a lack of preparation and openness from the government and contrasted Britain’s response to that of Hong Kong.

“Right at the beginning of February, they [Hong Kong] adopted a total approach to this, which is what we should have done five weeks ago ourselves. They took a decision to work to three principles – of responding promptly, staying alert, working in an open and transparent manner,” he told the Guardian.

“Our lot haven’t been working openly and transparently. They’ve been doing it in a (non) smoke-filled room and just dribbling out stuff. The chief medical officer only appeared in public after about two weeks. Then they have had a succession of people bobbing up and disappearing. Public Health England’s been almost invisible.

“Boris Johnson should have convened Cobra himself over a month ago and had regular meetings with the chief medical officer with the evidence. The thing should have been fronted up nationally by one person who could be regarded as the trusted voice and who could have been interrogated regularly. That’s not happened.”

my understanding is

please explain how you formed this understanding. It would be useful to see your sources.

Are your sources better than these?

Coronavirus: Supermarkets cast doubt on minister's food supply claim

On Thursday, Matt Hancock said: "We are working with the supermarkets to make sure that, if people are self-isolating, then we will be able to get the food and supplies that they need."

But supermarket sources said they had not discussed getting food to homes.

One executive said he was "baffled" by the suggestions.

An executive told BBC business editor Simon Jack: "Matt Hancock has totally made up what he said about working with supermarkets. We haven't heard anything from government directly."

He added that sales of cupboard basics such as pasta and tinned goods have "gone through the roof".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51769184

Sponsored Links
Back