coving not square?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Just having some fun and games with some supercove coving, sorry hope this isn't a noob question, but I was expecting it to be square. As in, the side you push up against the wall would be 90º to the bit you push up against the ceiling?

Do I just pick a side and always use that in the mitre box, its symmetrical but its more than 90º so only the front lip would be touching if the other was flat.

Cheers
Lee

Sponsored Links
answering my own question I know, but looks like if you push the coving against the side of the mitre box, not the bottom it works much better, d'oh!

Now only if my walls were at 90º ;)

Its hard to explain so just go on youtube and watch a demo. Coving has to be placed and cut upside down in a mitre box. You also have to cut it so you transpose the correct distance on the ceiling edge from the wall to the box, if you dont you have no chance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back