coving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone have any tips on getting the angles right on coving corners , none of my walls are square. i saw a good gadget once on qvc but can't recall its name

Sponsored Links
Magic Mitre

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?q=magic+mitre&scoring=p

It's not just QVC that sell it, so check for P+P costs

The Magic Mitre with Jack Xpert Saw is a must-have item for anybody who takes their DIY seriously. Angles within the home are rarely 90 degrees, so cutting joints can be frustrating and a waste of material. Now with Magic Mitre there are just 3 simple steps to cutting the perfect joint. It may be used for cutting up to 135mm coving and cornice, and has a stepless range of 210 degrees with the Jack Xpert 500mm handsaw. It automatically selects the correct angle and sets internal and external angles. Maximum cutting width at all angles: 92mm.

515174s.jpg

It's not necessary to get the angles absolutely spot-on. You fill any discrepancy with artex, feather it into the coving and sand smooth with fine paper. You can get a nice sharp corner on the external. I'm just doing some now and use a standard mire box.

Sponsored Links
or a hand mitre saw. you can pick them up in the sheds for £9.99

I recently bought this one from a Sunday market for £3.99(new). I use 127mm but it will take 135mm as well.
DSCN0166(Small).JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back