cowboy builders C5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it me being grumpy or does anyone else feel the same about this tripe on chanel 5. every episode follows the same thing, go to someone house whos tanting cause the builder run off after they handed him £45,000 cash upfront.. then big tough man dom says he'l track them down and makes sure it never happens again, finds them, builder gives dom some colourful language and drives off. Theres the "expert" builder who comes marching in with his hard hat on saying the extension will fall down, all cause some plasterboard has moved and that the electrics are a danger to life cause a few wires are poking through wall... no mention the fact there poking through ready for second fix and arnt even live yet.
Then he goes on about the undersize or short steels, and to rectify it, welds a bit on the end.... and that melinda messenger going on about "we have to sort the house.." always runs out of cash and goes "begging" for things, all so the companies give her a free bathroom on the condition of about half a second advertising the company name tonights episode featured "eurocel pvc".
The expert builder always saying how "i thought i was a easy job but its getting wore we cant do this in 2 weeks...we cant do any more to the bedrooms as the money gone on the roof....." Realy does my head in and C5 need to scrap it. Sorry for the rant but is this just me or anyone else feel the same?

Sponsored Links
Shame they don't tell you all this freebie goods is sorted months inadvance of the programme being filmed.

Sponsored Links
I particularly hate the expert builder on the program. Every week he tells Melinda, "We can't possibly do it for that."
and "Now then Melinda, we just can't do that in 2 days." (before miraculously doing it in a day and a half)
I'd also like to know what sort of plaster they use on the walls.. They seem to start painting it the day after the plasterer put it on ( I haven't yet found it in the shops) I think it's called Instadry multifinish. ;) ;) ;)

It's the worst of this type of programme, every episode follows the same formula. Should be scrapped.

My other half, who knows nothing about buildings, loves the show.

That's the target audience.

Me?

I just find it amusing there are no shortage of real cowboys and shoddy builders in the UK, but they have to go for easy targets and joe blog type errors, most of the real shoddy stuff looks OK at a glance.

I do think that the builders who go on the show are either stupid, or get paid to be slagged of, this is TV, the outcome is decided in the script before filming even begins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back