CP12 and tightness testing

Question to anyone else.

How can I make my thing smaller?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Where is all this leading

Making his thing smaller, Maggie thatcher and vice all in one thread

I have not got a clue tony posts like hes taking drugs most of the time!

Did we ever find out if that guy went to castle hill balti house or whatever it was called?

Oh I don't know!! Maggie always gave me a raging hard on, mind you so did Tony Blair!!

The point is; it's gas FFS it got to stay in the pipe & you're the d.ckhead that signed it off as safe. A Judge in a court of law is always going to look apon it with a common sense view regardless of the f.cked up Regs.

I recall one old BG employee telling me, first rule on any job do a TT.

He hasnt signed the gas installation off as safe thats the whole point .
Powers higher than us richard have set down the standards that even a judge would have to adhere to .It basically asks you to inspect any exposed pipework

Powers higher than us richard have set down the standards that even a judge would have to adhere to .It basically asks you to inspect any exposed pipework

Sorry mate but that's just not the case, a Judge will view any competent person going into a property to be just that. Last man in.

The gas regs are a statuary document, for a judge to overturn what they say would have to re write the rules, so that won't happen.

On the flip side I know of a contracting company tht were successfully taken to court for cutting off a gas supply and billing for un warranted work in tracing a gas leak having carried out a tightness test when the regulations deemed it not to be required during an inspection.

Case settled out of court costing the contractor a fair wedge in compensation for the people having no heating/hot water.

Needless to say they no longer carry out a TT on a LLGSC unless instructed or the criteria is met which is smell of gas/visible damage.

Whilst any judge has to follow the laws, he still can still reach a judgement based on what duty of care the RGI should have provided.

Its with that in mind that I, and most others, will normally do a TT when we do an LSC.

Whilst any judge has to follow the laws, he still can still reach a judgement based on what duty of care the RGI should have provided.

Its with that in mind that I, and most others, will normally do a TT when we do an LSC.

Would that be to ensure that the pipes you've previously squeezed in a vice to make fit don't suffer any ill effect?
Or is it something to fill the time and make a customer feel like they've had value for money from your £84 bill?
:rolleyes: :LOL:

I only charge £65 for an LSC which always includes a TT in my case.

It only takes minutes, enables me to fill in the form as done. Not filling that is likely to produce questions/discussions which would take longer talking about than doing the test.

It also enables me to know that the system is tested as safe on a TT.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back