Testing the gas pressure at meter

I know loads of plumbers that find a leak during the tightness test but not many find out where it is with washing up liquid (or l.d.s) for that matter. Get it checked (peace of mind)

Sponsored Links
Isn't that earth supposed to be on the copper.

Yes it should be on the consumers side and within 600mm of the meter and certainly before any branch offs.
Also it looks rather small in csa.
Get it checked also.

Yes it should be on the consumers side and within 600mm of the meter and certainly before any branch offs.

Is that a part of the gas regs that I have forgotten?

Or just good practice?

Tony

Sponsored Links
What happens if the meter is removed?
It should be as conny says.
All the diagrams and drawing in the Green Book show it that way.

Some people may have misunderstood my original post because of the pics attached to it. The pipe capping i refer to is in the kitchen. It was just a spare bit of pipe going past the cooker to a water heater which has also been removed. So i just wanted to make it clear that i have NOT capped the gas meter or interfered with any pipework around the meter :eek: .

What he means is that you should remove the meter prior to soldering on gas pipework, in case you get a flashback. Were this to ignite the gas in the meter and you have a home made bomb.

I understand you feel you are competent, but failure to understand the above hopefully demonstrates to you that you're not.

I know it's a bit cheeky, but if you want it checked and won't pay an RGI to do it for you, phone the emergency number on your meter (0800 111 999) and report a smell of gas.

Minor plumbing work? On what?
Oh how I love you attitude "Im still here after 5 days, guess its OK"
Washing up Liquid.... now your pipe you capped is corroding.
I dont doubt you have successfully capped a gas pipe, and what next....

You didnt even remove the meter and ensure electrical continuity, and thus you an E F F I N G T W A T .

Dave

But not included in GSUR if the replies are correct then?

The "Essential Gas Safety" is not the law!

The 17th edition is not law either ( except that electricians have to treat it as law! )

Tony

interesting that tony, having looked through breifly the only reference i can see is regulation 18 guidance 139 which deals with the 600mm rule but it appears the before branch isn't in the GSIUR's

it may in BS 6891 spec for install of pipework up to 28mm but i don't have that to hand.

interesting that tony, having looked through breifly the only reference i can see is regulation 18 guidance 139 which deals with the 600mm rule but it appears the before branch isn't in the GSIUR's

it may in BS 6891 spec for install of pipework up to 28mm but i don't have that to hand.

Its not very interesting at all Kevin! Just a bit of gas rubbish of little consequence to those who make a mountain out of a molehill of gas regulations.

British Standards are not law either!

As they cost so much they are hardly going to ( officially ) be within every gas man's portfolio!

Its time the Government had a change of tactic and deem that whats important must be provided to those who need to know FREE so they can get on with their job!

Goodnight all*!

Tony

* Kevin is too young to know where that came from. Those who know, then please keep quiet! My postings are riddled with references to "other" things that 98% will never notice! Must go to bed now otherwise I will miss out in the morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back