Testing the gas pressure at meter

Some people may have misunderstood my original post because of the pics attached to it. The pipe capping i refer to is in the kitchen. It was just a spare bit of pipe going past the cooker to a water heater which has also been removed. So i just wanted to make it clear that i have NOT capped the gas meter or interfered with any pipework around the meter icon_eek.gif .

You have missed the point entirely!

By interfering with the gas supply inside your property you have made more than a few grave errors, as pointed out by other posts.(i wont bore people with quotes of those!)

When an engineer arrives on site there are about 30/40 things that they are visually looking for before they even open their tool box!! You are getting that response but within a prolonged enviroment.

We are highly trained but i gaurantee that most people including myself would not be able to list every single regulation off the top of the head within 3 minutes, myself included.

We are taught and trained to what is right, and pound to pinch, when something is wrong we spot it on 9.9 times out of 10. We don't need to tell you when something is good or well fitted. Our job is to save lives and ensure that they continue to be safe for the future.

You may find it strange that we don't congratulate you on the fact that you have managed to solder on a stop end all by yourself aawww bless!! If you are so pround of it put a photo up!!

None of us are impressed because you have failed to carry out any safety checks whatsoever!! I mean FFS you still aren't sure whether its leaking or not!!??

When carrying out work on a gas supply there are a minimum of 12 phsical tests that you should be doing before we even get onto visuals!!!

Would you mind telling me which of these you did zemphis??

You are an arrogant DIYer with little regard to your own and other peoples safety. At least have the decency to put up your address so that the neighbours can be warned.!!

Sponsored Links
Bringing up the earth wire again.
It should be 10sqmm green/yellow connected within 600mm to the copper pipe on your side of the meter and before any other pipework is branched off, (BS7671). It should be terminated at the other end to the MET, (main earth terminal), in your consumer unit, (fuse box), without ANY breaks or connections in between.
My advice is to get an RGI out to check your gas supply and a registered spark out to do a PIR on your electrics. Put your hand in your pocket and pay for these before your family, (if any survive!), have to put their hands in their pockets and pay for your funeral.
Little known fact. If you kill someone through your incompetence at DIY any personal insurance you may have, i.e. life cover MAY NOT PAY OUT DUE TO YOUR NEGLIGENCE! Past experiences show if they can avoid paying out they will!

Is it just me or do others think Agile should let someone else take care of his medication.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back