CPC for metal light switch.

• Thread starter harrisonline
  • Start date
Well, if you will install fancy light switches that likely didn't exist way back when your house was compliant with current regs at the time ;)

I asked a question in a DIY forum. re-wireing a house is not DIY. Its either. Yes you can run a CPC like that or no you can't do that sorry just keep the plastic switch!

Yes, you did ask a question on a DIY forum, and rewiring a house can be DIY'd providing the correct routes are followed re notification of the work to the LABC. We could provide yes/no answers to every post, but that alone adds little value to the discussion. For example, another recent post asks if it's possible to run 100w of 12v halogen lighting from a 65VA transformer. Rather than simply say no, is it not more useful to recommend the correct way to do the job?

Oh, and FWIW, my comment was tongue in cheek - hence the ;)

Sponsored Links
oharaf's second suggestion is the best so far.

That's a bit overkill! A whole estate of 1960s houses with lighting circuits with no earth and no problems, And I re-wire the lot for one switch! My lighting circuit was OK by the 14th edition when they went in. Do I have to upgrade my house along with every edition?

hi is the lighting run in metal trunking ?

Hi, the trunking is white plastic. I think i know where you are coming from. Thanks.

sorry that should have read conduit ie metal tube in the wall

please stop embedding quotes so much... it's one of the forum rules..

one level of quotes is sufficient..

Oh, and FWIW, my comment was tongue in cheek - hence the ;)

I didn't mean for my answer to sound like it did sorry.

Is it electrically sound to run a 4mm cpc surface mounted from the CU for 30cm. Through an hole and under plaster for a meter to the switch?

Sponsored Links
Is it electrically sound to run a 4mm cpc surface mounted from the CU for 30cm. Through an hole and under plaster for a meter to the switch?

If it's simply a case of a straight horizontal run from the switch back towards the back of the wall that the CU is located on, then straight through and down/across to the CU then it should be fine. I'm mainly thinking with regard to safe zones here.

yes its horizontal, then through the wall, then vertical.

Thank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back