No CPC on one of my lighting circuits - worth amending?

There is perhaps another issue.

I personally very much doubt that T+E of any size would, per se, be damaged 'due to it's own weight', even if it were an 8m horizontal run. However, given that neither back boxes nor accessories have any 'strain relief', there could be an issue in relation to that if the weight of unsupported horizontal runs of cable were trying to pull the conductors out of their terminations.

Kind Regards, John
You don't think the 'stretching' of a horizontal unsupported length of 8m is damage enough?

Sponsored Links
You don't think the 'stretching' of a horizontal unsupported length of 8m is damage enough?
Probably not, particularly with the sizes of T+E we're likely to be talking about (≤2.5mm²)..

There will obviously be some stretching, but I personally doubt that it would be anything like enough to make any appreciable difference to anything, even with an unsupported 8m horizontal run.

Just a few mm of stretch (a small proportion of 1% of cable length) would result in a very appreciable degree of 'sag' in 8m of unsupported cable.

Kind Regards, John

So let's assume there is a long run, also assume that it's going in a cavity from A to B.

How would you suggest it is supported? Are there any magic clips that can be fitted inside? :)

Sponsored Links
So let's assume there is a long run, also assume that it's going in a cavity from A to B. How would you suggest it is supported?
I was suggesting that, in practice, it would usually not be supported within the wall cavity - and (in my opinion) almost certainly would not need to be.
Are there any magic clips that can be fitted inside? :)
Clips, per se, are presumably not the problem, but one would have to nock wholes in one leaf of the brick wall in order to fit them. I can't see that there is likely to be anything 'magic enough 'in order to 'fit itself' within the cavity, without the need to destroy bits of the wall.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back