CPTPP

Sponsored Links
Plus you have the complication of unravelling the effects of brexit from covid/supply chain issues/Ukraine.
Yeah that all gets blamed on Brexit. Covid and the Ukraine have cost more than any Brexit loss. The only difference is we are making progress now.

It would be easier if we didn’t have the negativity.

So you are agreeing that Brexit is a factor?

It's just about how much of a factor ?

Never denied it, but always corrected people who think brexit is the sole cause. There are economists/analysts out there far more attuned than we are, and the best they can manage is a stab in the dark.

Never denied it, but always corrected people who think brexit is the sole cause. There are economists/analysts out there far more attuned than we are, and the best they can manage is a stab in the dark.
Which confirms as has been said so often.

Brexit has cost us, and you do keep trying to tell us it saved money.

Sponsored Links
What I do know is that the country's in the poo and I'd like to know how much came from what.
It wouldn't be too hard to compare us with other countries and their situations.
Germany's struggling particularly because of fuel, for e.g.
Norway should have benefitted by comparison. Have they - dunno.

As an aside, with Germany prostrate and France cowering, what would happen to the Euro if there were another Greece-style collapse?

'The CPTPP will act as a gateway to the Indo-Pacific, one of the most dynamic and fastest-growing regions on Earth. The Indo-Pacific is expected to account for the majority of global growth by 2050. The CPTPP will grow nearly 40% faster than the EU over the next three decades, and membership of the bloc will enhance access to a market of more than 500 million consumers for the UK’s goods and services. That is why I described the CPTPP as representing the future of global trade. The brilliant terms that we have secured mean that British businesses will be able to target these dynamic economies, which will account for 15% of global GDP once the UK has joined. As the partnership grows, so will its role in shaping the rules of global trade. This alliance will help us to confront growing protectionism and unfair trading practices, putting us in a stronger position to withstand global shocks.'

I think the scramble to secure rare Earth minerals will become a significant factor in the small print for this trade deal: Australia and the US are major suppliers and it surprised me to see Vietnam is #2 on the top8 list. It's certainly not about exporting beef to Mexico and getting a good deal for our cheesemakers - although i'm sure Liz Truss will be delighted and very, very excited about that.

It would be easier if we didn’t have the negativity
brexit supporters havent stopped whining about EU for decades

even now weve left they keep moaning

the economic problems in the UK were and still are domestic, so leaving EU was never a solution

Bit of a guessing game how much covids costing. Up to now a figure from April is £310 billion to £410 billion.

What I do know is that the country's in the poo and I'd like to know how much came from what.
It wouldn't be too hard to compare us with other countries and their situations.
Germany's struggling particularly because of fuel, for e.g.
Norway should have benefitted by comparison. Have they - dunno.

As an aside, with Germany prostrate and France cowering, what would happen to the Euro if there were another Greece-style collapse?

Which country do you have in mind and what would precipitate it - and collapse of what? The value of the euro?

Sponsored Links
Back