CPTPP

Sponsored Links
A few existing trade deals are stapled together in a shiny new folder marked plan b. So apart from a few ring binders pretty much sod all.

Blup
Gains of 0.08% v's the loss of 4% and the Express says we don't need trade with the EU anymore. FFS.

How stupid/gullible are Brexers, really? They must be on the cusp of saying that the OP was 'just a joke' surely?

Gains of 0.08% v's the loss of 4% and the Express says we don't need trade with the EU anymore. FFS.

How stupid/gullible are Brexers, really? They must be on the cusp of saying that the OP was 'just a joke' surely?
Potential gains, not definite. And sounds like it likely to be less than the maximum

much-hyped deal that promises to deliver no more than a 0.08 percent bump to Britain's domestic GDP, versus the Government figure of leaving the EU ?

....they (think they) can't get their own way, so run off to another trading bloc..........
Pretty hard for the populations of the eu to get their own way given the democratic deficit the leaders enjoy.

Sponsored Links
Pretty hard for the populations of the eu to get their own way given the democratic deficit the leaders enjoy.

I think gant is telling us he doesn't mind having no influence whatsoever on the Pacific governments.

Obviously he realises he will have no opportunity to elect a Pacific Member of Parliament.

It's a trade agreement we are talking here aren't we? Why would I want a vote in another country.? Lost me there.

Trade deals which were subject to the rules and regs of the eu.
There should be a list by now, then, with explanations of how each trade deal makes things better for the UK than before.
I must have missed it.

We are not paying a £19 billion a year membership fee or ceding any sovereignty.brexit red tape
brexit red tape costs £10b a year

net EU membership £10b a year

42% UK exports go to EU

yup EU membership was a mahooosive benefit

the evidence has been proven over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

but nevermind, UK will rejoin starting once Labour win power

Exports to the EU are down a few percent, the number depending whether you compare with global figure or previous years. 4% to 11%.

Claim that 7.7% of UK goods exports go to the EU is a big underestimate - Full Fact
Factcheck The 46% figure is lower than in previous years, when around half of the UK’s goods exports normally went to the EU. Counting services exports as well, 43% of the UK’s goods and services exports went to the EU in 2019.

The Gonad: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-eu-fell-by-20bn-last-year-new-ons-data-shows
It shows some are 60% down.

Total Imports from the EU are, in £ terms down even more. I dunno why that is. Dropping standards?

I've forgotten what it's called but there's a briliant prog on BBC Radio4 which is good at winkling out the salient numbers. There's probably a podcast on this.

(One of the reasons I don't begrudge the license fee. They don't lie through their teeth like pro-brexit rags and gobby plumbers.)

Exports to the EU are down a few percent, the number depending whether you compare with global figure or previous years. 4% to 11%.

Claim that 7.7% of UK goods exports go to the EU is a big underestimate - Full Fact
Factcheck The 46% figure is lower than in previous years, when around half of the UK’s goods exports normally went to the EU. Counting services exports as well, 43% of the UK’s goods and services exports went to the EU in 2019.

The Gonad: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-eu-fell-by-20bn-last-year-new-ons-data-shows
It shows some are 60% down.

Total Imports from the EU are, in £ terms down even more. I dunno why that is. Dropping standards?

I've forgotten what it's called but there's a briliant prog on BBC Radio4 which is good at winkling out the salient numbers. There's probably a podcast on this.

(One of the reasons I don't begrudge the license fee. They don't lie through their teeth like pro-brexit rags and gobby plumbers.)

Plus you have the complication of unravelling the effects of brexit from covid/supply chain issues/Ukraine.

More or Less

You’ve got to get lean to remove the fat.

Just deal with it and move along now. Brexit hasn’t had much if any on your day to day lives of any. In fact it’s given all the wombels something to rant about.

Does that make me a RW gammon lol.

Sponsored Links
Back