Crack in Breeze Block Bedroom Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The dividing wall between our two Bedrooms is approx 12ft long with one
half being breeze block (from top to bottom) then the other half is in brick.
Adjoined to this, on the breeze block wall, there was a cupboard (accessed from the landing). We have had the cupbaord removed. However we now
see that about 18 inches from the floor up there is a crack running about
4ft along the wall in both bedrooms (which is where the cupboard was knocked out on the other side). The Breeze Blocks have/had concrete slabs between them. This is a property built in 1954. I have read that it can be common in Breeze Block for them to crack and also that it is not major/dangerous in internal walls, is that correct? What (if anything) should we do to remedy this?

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I wouldnt worry too much about one cracked block, you could nock it out and put a new one in without too much effort.

Its up to you, Iv seen repair kits used before on comerical buildings but to be honest for one block your probably not going to want to go to that hassel.

Thanks for that but the crack/split in the wall is 4 ft long so goes through
several blocks. :?:

I had the same thing in one of my own internal walls. As it was not a wall supporting anything, i removed it all and put up a stud wall using 2x4 timber and plaster board.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that info, as far as we know it is not a supporting wall so just
really need to know would it be dangerous to leave it as we think it would
be quite a major undertaking to remove a section of wall 4ft x 8ft. :?: :?:

If it falls down - then worry about rebuilding it. It's probably Celcon block that cracks when you look at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back