Cracked tile-no spares

Discussion in 'Tiling' started by ajsdoc, 10 Jan 2016.

1. ajsdoc

ajsdoc

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have two cracked tiles just where the shower pipes exit from the wall. Bathroom reasonably new but done before we moved in and no spares.

It looks as though if we removed a few tiles we could perhaps put some contrasting tiles in which might look OK without having to redo the whole bathroom. Think they need replacing as, although only hairline cracks, I worry about water getting behind.

I'd this something possible for a tiler to do? I don't fancy doing really.

Thanks in advance.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. PrenticeBoyofDerry

PrenticeBoyofDerry

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It is something a tiler could do, could you possibly contact the previous owner and ask if they are aware of the tile type/supplier?
    If the tiles are around the entry/exist of the supply pipes, it is likely that the shower will need to be disconnected also, so it is best if the tiler has some plumbing skills or a plumber may also be needed.

4. mattylad

mattylad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Check under the bath.

It's not unheard of for spare tiles to be left under the bath.
    In my current house I found a complete box of them.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local