"cracks" on glaze finish bevelled edge tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, was wondering if someone may be able to shed light on this issue. I purchased some grey bevelled edge tiles from Al Murad. I put them on using standard adhesive from Selco. However a couple of days later I noticed very feint "cracks" appear on the glaze of the tile. I assumed this may be because I may have pushed down too hard when trying to ensure tiles were level.

So I removed the tiles and put new ones on, this time making sure I put very little pressure on the tiles. They seemed ok for about 2 weeks but I have now noticed the cracks appear on only a few of these new ones. I'v done a bit of tiling over the years and have never experienced this before. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

I've added a couple of pics, you can just about make out the cracks. t first i thought it may just be residue from adhesive but these have been wiped down several times.

Attachments

• 20170906_092446.jpg
    20170906_092446.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 20170906_092455.jpg
    20170906_092455.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 174
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back