Creating a porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a cul-de-sac. I share an open arched porchway with my neighbour that is approaced via a single path between our properties. How would I go about splitting the area and enclosing my side in a closed porch with a door? Are there any pre built "kits" or is pretty much a bespoke thing?

Does this make sense?

Sponsored Links
Just a thought, Why not ask your neighbour if they want a porch, then the internal division could be thin.

Diyisfun said:
Just a thought, Why not ask your neighbour if they want a porch, then the internal division could be thin.

The main reason, other than dirt and wind, is to keep out the noise their kids make when they have their friends over. they tend to sit in the porch often on our side and their voices get amplified almost like in an amphitheatre.

The only good thing about neighbours with kids, is that the kids do grow up, but do you know what happens then. The parents move away & a fresh family appears with the same consequence.

Sponsored Links
I'd think it would look awful. Just tell the kids to shut up and get out.

joe

Nige F said:
joe-90 said:
I'd think it would look awful. Just tell the kids to shut up and get out.

joe
thought that too, Joe :LOL:

I've seen some that extend out from under the arch and are L shaped so you would enter from the side rather than head on. This would suit us as we are going to wall in our side of the driveway to stop the kids riding their bikes over our property and scratching my car. Would also stop rubbish being blown in to a point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back