Creating desktop icons in IE 7 question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With IE 7 how do you create a desktop icon of a particular website, please? Unlike in IE 6 this facility is not provided via the Page (or was it Tools?) button. Thanks alot.

Sponsored Links
i dont have i.e 7
but can you not right click>new>shortcut

and then add url of website?

Shrink the browser so it does not fit the full screen. In the web address at the top, drag and drop the little DIYnot icon onto your desktop.

I installed IE7 I liked it thought it was a lot beter just got to get used to it.
Only kept it a few days as I got fed up with the errors. There is a conflict with BT Broadband.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
i dont have i.e 7
but can you not right click>new>shortcut

and then add url of website?

No, Breezer, this method doesn't work with my XP setup.

spark123 said:
Shrink the browser so it does not fit the full screen. In the web address at the top, drag and drop the little DIYnot icon onto your desktop.

Thanks, Sparky, this does the trick nicely. ;)

eggplant said:
There is a conflict with BT Broadband.

In what way?

Are you using BT Broadband? if you are you will see the error message (you can ignor it & there are no issues), if you are not then it dosnt matter.

The reason I asked was twofold, I find it difficult to believe that a browser can have a conflict with an internet connection, secondly, due to the nature of my business, I like to know about issues such as this. It seems from your google link that the actual problem is a conflict between the BT/Yahoo software and IE7, no major problem but worth knowing about.

As I just discovered by accident, if you press ALT whilst using explorer the old menus appear!!

I'm having trouble with an HP printer, not on a network. On the HP site - a patch for those using IE7. Jeez.

Sponsored Links
Back