Creda Electric Oven tripping RCD!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

New to this forum so posting my problem hoping that someone can help! We have recently moved into a house, and have a Creda Europa Solar Plus Electric Double Oven. The previous owners left us the receipt dated 2000 therefore approx 13 years old. The oven seems to have a very annoying problem, in that now and again the oven will trip the main RCD, but only when the main oven door is opened! We have no problem when the top oven/grill section is used, it is only the main oven and only when the door is opened!!

We have had an appliance repair man around, and typically he must have opened the oven door 50 times and it didn't trip the RCD once hence wasn't much help!

Does anyone have any advice what is causing this? Any advise would be appreciated, as you can imagine this is starting to annoy us considerably!

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
Hi pigeon85,

No, he didn't test the element, is this something I could do myself and what equipment would I need?

Thanks for your reply!

Don't know how to go about testing just have known it to be a problem, maybe put another question up asking how to do it or even give google a search

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back