Creda shower leaking from base of heater tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this creda shower for around 7 years or so and have had no problems. Bought one of those stone shower heads from ‘Showery’ last week and now discovered a leak. It appears to be originating from the base of the heater tank and then dripping down towards the outlet nozzle.

I made sure that the head was compatible with electric showers, it does not have an off switch.

Note that I have checked the PRD and it is still intact.

I think I’m going to get a tradesperson to install a new shower. But just for curiosity i wondered if anyone had any ideas on what’s gone wrong?

My thinking is that maybe there is an O seal under the tank that’s gone, but as I was writing this I’m wondering if back pressure from the head has loosened the PRD (it’s a rubber seal type).

Anyway it’s a weird leak seems to come and go, is worst when the shower is set to cold and very slow to drip on hot. Also seems to leak when not in use intermittently. Only dripping not intense.

Attachments

• B0B56562-30FD-49A1-88F9-5B8E8EA048FC.jpeg
    B0B56562-30FD-49A1-88F9-5B8E8EA048FC.jpeg
    957.8 KB · Views: 202
Sponsored Links
Don't know which model Creda you have but

"Creda850DL/950DLElectric Shower."

"8.THIS SHOWER IS DESIGNED AND APPROVED TO EN-60335 WITH THE HANDSET PROVIDED. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MUST ANY HANDSET THAT IS NOT APPROVED BY THE MANUFACTURER BE USED WITH THIS PRODUCT"

Hi yes it’s a creda 950DL. I hear what you’re saying, the thing is I never thought that the head would cause problems, as it states compatible with all electric showers. I’ve had the shower so long that I no longer have the manual to hand. Also I just thought that all showers say that, just like Henry Hoovers say you must use their branded bags or Canon say you must use their own batteries etc. Even though third party ones are usually absolutely fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back