creda storage heater fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, I have a Creda storage heater in which I found the fusible link had, well obviously, it had fused. After replacing it, again it fused. I have had a quick look for loose wires, and now have to dig deeper.
I have searched for suitable advice, i.e. Internet and Library but with no result. Has anybody any suggestion as to a source of advice on what to check out please?
Planenut

Sponsored Links
Will usually be the input stat gone faulty - hence it overheats, and the fuseable link melts - doing it's job.

Replace the input stat.

could be RFI Suppressor, its a capacitor which may have burned out - had that happen in central heating boiler the other day, dunno if storage heaters have them

Very fast replies thank you, it gives me something to work on.
thanks.
Planenut

Sponsored Links
Creda website has spares lists, even exploded views of storage heaters, you will need model type and year, new stat assy about £90

Jim2287 said:
could be RFI Suppressor, its a capacitor which may have burned out - had that happen in central heating boiler the other day, dunno if storage heaters have them

Not in a storage heater ;)

excellent replies chaps, even the prices are shocking when it comes to electrics.
Planenut

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back