crimping tool recommendations..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to buy a crimping tool and it will only be used for 4 connections to tidy up and illiminate connecters found under floor boards.

Don't want to spend alot as its for one job ..but also want it to do the job.

and is there a dual size for car wires and house wires so my son can have it after.

Thanks
OJ
( sorry just realised its none diy discussion, but! im always posting in electrics i will get banned :rolleyes: )

Sponsored Links
Odd Job said:
Don't want to spend alot as its for one job ..but also want it to do the job.

[1] try a tool hire company. but make sure you get the right one for type of crimp you are using.

[2] when you buy the crimp the shop may lend you the right tool against a deposit

Thanks Bernard I have a freind in tool higher, thought it might of been to small a tool to be on higher.

Can you get them for house and car if i did want to buy.

thanks

Sponsored Links
empip im so greatfull i actually came back today to search net for a guidline, i never do anything with out research, i will also use old wire to do many crimps i have a pack of 100 red and blue so plenty of practise there and at £2.50 a pack i wouldn't hesitate to do more, to get a good understanding.

ive done many car audio crimps but usually with a pair of pliers :rolleyes: not quiet the samething.

I brought a nice ratchet crimp today from a local shop wholesale, so surprised they under cut screwfix, who undercuts B&Q the mark ups on these large outlets must must be extreme.

Off to crimple
OJ

PS all my connections will be checked by an electrician on saturday as well ;)

I did ask for something good but not essential for major long term work. paid £14.00

they don't leave a dot, they a have no number, all i get is 2 pressed strips and it doesn't seem to hold well

this is the most similar to mine
http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/JH19V.jpg

getting despondent now really don't want the connectors to stay under the floor boards. :cry:

It doesnt seem to work well on the one strip copper wire and better on multiple thread. :?:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

okay 2 hours later and im getting to grips with it. :rolleyes:

ratchet crimp - 7 clicks in the centre 4 on the edges.

just want to check I have the right length butt splice 1 inch length,
with 1/2 inch metal inside a 1 inch blue casing. just seems so small in length and build up against a connector block. :?:

and a final question

where in the fittings are crimps acceptable, i know extending a ring is notafiable, so if this is necessary i will also leave for leccy on staurday.

But so im up on the does and don'ts is an extended ring only accepted by putting a longer wire from one socket and adding sockets in and so on with no connectors or crimps used to extend the wires.

or

are they only accepted in lengthening a wire between 2 sockets/switches/straight runs etc:

3 am time for bed me thinks, be soooo glad when this is all done only started by wanting some kitchen cabinets :?:

thanks chaps ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back