crumbling lime render

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a wall to re skim, the skim had blown from lime render and in some patches the render is crumbling, but for the most part it is sound.

There was a shower the otherside that was leaking, now fixed, my question is ,

will PVA will break down?

should i use the bond it ?

and is hardwall fine with small patches on a lime background?

cheers chaps

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
i think as peaps hasn't posted he hasn't been able to google the right reply so we should help out here, B******S to mister sit at home all day because i don't have any work to do other than google stuff.

i think when all is said and done, mr peaps is trying to resurrect a dying trade/art using this forum regardless of what the 'real world' is now capable of because that's all he knows.

It's impossible for anyone with a life or job to argue with peaps and his time to kill, plastering is indeed science as well as skill, (peaps only has one of these traits it would appear) and you have to have a foot in both camps in order to survive and move on in the current climate, your science is good peaps but you need to keep up, no point just taking out your frustrations on us modern plasterers, we are all here to offer genuine advice based on years of trial and error, you seem to be reading from websites and study books, none of which hold any weight on here which is why your arrogant attitude holds no weight.

The BBA certification given to all products used on sites has to be earned over the course of a 15 year trial, only then are they deemed suitable, house building techniques are moving on much quicker than the period when limed was the mainstay and while old buildings need careful consideration lime is not the only way to go.

If any employer was offered a grad student with all the knowledge and a candidate with years of experience i know which they'd pick each and every time, you have no appreciation of the industry your working in and have a very blinkered view, should you be should an authority of plastering you should also understand the practical element sof using the materials available today, of which you have displayed little IMO.

All OP's! take a pinch of salt when taking this man's advice, he has a hidden agenda that none of us on here has yet worked out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back