CSCS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a leaflet through the door asking me if I'd like to be assest on the new Construction Skills Certification Scheme, offering me onsite assessment and Training.
As it is quite a number of years since I qualified as a plumber (35years ago) they seem to be saying that my certificates are now out of date!!

Are colleges now strugging so much that they are now after Time Served Tradesman?

Anyone else heard of this?

Sponsored Links
Thats just a card that allows you access to large sites and that you can work safely and not kill anyone.

A card lasts 4 years and then back again to the class room for another sleep minus £x amount of cash.
I think mine is about ready for renewal.

Its primary purpose is to generate income for pen pushers who are too lazy to get off their backsides and do real work.

its purpose is not for the pen pushers, but for 'fasttrack' means of getting work, all the eastern block immigrants get them paid for, this allows them to earn money from day one and not be a burdon on us taxpayers, while the man who earned his right to work on site by experience and guidance by wiser workers, has to pay,
maggie thatchers britian,

dont think you could blame maggie for cscs, its a labour thing. id have maggie back any day.

Sponsored Links
What the **** has the CSCS card got to do with Mrs Thatcher, I think you will find that the CSCS card was issued under the Labour Government and is a complete waste of time and is definately just a means to raise revenue, as were most of the Labour Government ideas, even if you have a CSCS card you still have to do the site safety induction for each site you go on, so what is the bloody point of the CSCS card

The point is it's a formal declaration of your trade and experience,stops quick course muppets getting paid experience guys prices when working on site or blaggers claiming to be tradesmen when they wouldn't know which end of the hammer to hit the screw with.

Any considerate constructors scheme requires all operatives to have a cscs card.

The point is it's a formal declaration of your trade and experience,stops quick course muppets getting paid experience guys prices when working on site or blaggers claiming to be tradesmen when they wouldn't know which end of the hammer to hit the screw with.

Any considerate constructors scheme requires all operatives to have a cscs card.

Thankfully I am not a slave to the big contractors, they can keep their stupid scams

Got a leaflet through the door asking me if I'd like to be assest on the new Construction Skills Certification Scheme, offering me onsite assessment and Training.
As it is quite a number of years since I qualified as a plumber (35years ago) they seem to be saying that my certificates are now out of date!!

Are colleges now strugging so much that they are now after Time Served Tradesman?

Anyone else heard of this?

If you was trained 35 years ago, have you been in the trade all the time since then? If so you, you know how hard C&G training was and in no way it will be out of date - old values and calculations still apply. For training purposes I would think they would be begging for your expertise! Stand proud you are a professional.

P.S. Not a lot of the lead work now - shame I used to enjoy it.

What the **** has the CSCS card got to do with Mrs Thatcher, I think you will find that the CSCS card was issued under the Labour Government
I think you'll find it wasn't - http://www.hse.gov.uk/foi/internalops/sectors/construction/2_03_10.pdf

I think you will still find it was nothing to do with Mrs Thatcher, she was not in power when this came in, anyway, she was a good prime minister at least this country had a backbone when she was in power, unlike now

Hmmmmm. Let's have a think about this,,, We had the last Labour government for a period of 13 yrs. The link Denso gave was to a document dated 2003. ... Yep I think it's fairly safe to say that the CSCS card scheme was introduced by Labour. That aside,,,
The CSCS card scheme is nothing but another tax on honest tradesmen. If you want to work on building sites (not that there's many going at the moment), your going to have to have one. The test itself is a multiple choice test done on a computer. All related to health and safety. (absolutely no skills test) The choice of four answers means the really obvious answer is the correct answer.
Example. You go to work on a building site. At the induction the foreman has to tell you,,,,,,

A Where the canteen is ?
B What time your breaks are ?
C The site safety rules ?
D Where the nearest cafe is ?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yep I think it's fairly safe to say that the CSCS card scheme was introduced by Labour
Did you actually read the link I posted.... CSCS was introduced by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) in 1995 following the success of the plant operators’ Certificate of Training Achievement (CTA) card scheme....no didn't think so.

any plumber worth his salt can change a tap,pipe up a 1 pipe system and fit gas boilers(easy)common sense

It makes me smile to read so many right wing comments about how good Mrs Thatcher was!

Even though she was several decades ago she managed to be remembered as a right wing icon who supported the super hod ( thats before the superhodski came into the UK ).

Amusing that all the later right wing politicians have been forgotten like Mr Major, Mr Blair and Mr Cameron.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back