CU replacement and seal break

Your Incoming Main Supply cable looks in very bad /rotting condition - was it chewed by rats etc???

The leccy board should have replaced it when they fitted the what appears to be a brand new grey coloured main service fuse block.

Sponsored Links
kai said:
Your Incoming Main Supply cable looks in very bad /rotting condition - was it chewed by rats etc???

The leccy board should have replaced it when they fitted the what appears to be a brand new grey coloured main service fuse block.
No rat chewing to my knowledge and the service block pre-dates me. Before we bought the house 5 years ago there was a full NIC inspection carried out and it wasn't highlighted on that. From the inspection date to now i can't say the condition of supply has changed any.

I dont understand why it wasnt mounted say 5 cm further left and 5cm futher up, this would have given plenty of extra cable to 'tidy' it up.. It also seems odd that the meter tails arent stripped the same, ie the same amount of 'coloured' insulation showing, are there any marks showing through to the copper??

I keep seeing more and more work by NIC approved people that is unacceptable. I personally wouldnt have paid for that install.. Is the wall not flat, which is making the cu distorted?

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back