CU Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a Split Load CU, which has two neatral bars labeled 1-9 and an earth bar labelled 1-12, where should the cables go? Say for instance power circuit is 2nd from RCD, does it go on no2 on RCD neutral bar and no2 on earth? If so where does earth go if lights are 2nd from DP isolator? Surely following same procedure would pose a problem

Sponsored Links
Hello,

On certain makes of C/U that I have used, I cut the labels out and re-stick them where they want to be, (or to be honest I have left them off !)

However, I do 'indent' the individual conductors, and this comes in handy when testing I find.

But what is the correct way to connect the cables? Obviously earth 1-12 n 2 neatrals 1-9, somewhere theres gonna be neutral in 2 on both neutrals so which one of them shud go in 2 on earth, or dosn't it matter in the slightest? What way would NICEIC reccomend?

Sponsored Links
assuming you have a 6 x 6 way split load board you should connect as follows:

Circuits 1-6 (non RCD side) : Neutrals in terminals 1-6 of non RCD neutral bar. Earths in terminals 1-6 of earth bar.

Circuits 7-12 (RCD side) Neutrals in terminals 1-6 of RCD neutral bar. Earths in terminals 7-12 of earth bar.

Haven't you guys been 'indenting' your conductors ???!!!:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back