Current recommended filters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

About to have the new boiler fitted (Intergas Xclusive 36.)

Installer is happy to leave the existing Spirotrap filter in place, or swap it if that's what I really want.

Should I be moving to something newer/better or will the Spirotrap still be good enough? I don't want to spend money for the sake of it and also don't want to skimp on protection of the system.

Sponsored Links
The Spiro will be fine, spend your money on a decent OpenTherm control such as a Honeywell T6 instead

Personally I think they are all shoite and spirotrap worse than the other shoite

How come? Surely there must be some benefit to them?
I’m trying to get ahead of the warranty conditions of a new boiler and do all I can to keep the system clean.

Sponsored Links
Having had filters of various brands over the years, one thing in common is that after a period of time (some sooner than others), they do not seal properly after cleaning, and are usually then over tightened, when new seals should have been bought.

Therefore, I've now gone with the type that can just be flushed out without opening. Eg. Fernox TF1 Omega.

Regardless of the benefits or not of filters, most boiler manufacturers insist on one to maintain the warranty.

Wouldn't waste money on replacing filter, they all only help a little bit and none actually stop debris getting into boiler.

Therefore, I've now gone with the type that can just be flushed out without opening.
I have an older Spirotech that "flushes out" by opening a valve.

the valve is now worn and leaks.

Luckily it has a brass cap to screw over the outlet.

It will be harder to change the valve than to fit a new seal on, say, the lid of a Magnaclean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back