Currys PC world Insurance

Beko BTW.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

FFS! What did you expect? Probably made in Turkey, the home of quality domestic appliances. :) Still, look on the bright side. At least it didn't burn your house down like their fridges. ;)

Seriously, if anyone wants an extended warranty, don't buy one from the shop. Get one from the manufacturer - usually cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Maybe complain, say your insurance covered mishaps and your child has a mishap while playing.

Sometimes the extended warranty is good - I have an LG Tv and needed the computer changed twice because of a sound fault - out of warranty now though.

But for my first (and only) washer drier, I took out a 5 year warranty for £250, and about 5 years and 3 months after I bought it, it broke down, so they don't always pay for themselves!

FFS! What did you expect? Probably made in Turkey, the home of quality domestic appliances. :) Still, look on the bright side. At least it didn't burn your house down like their fridges. ;)

Seriously, if anyone wants an extended warranty, don't buy one from the shop. Get one from the manufacturer - usually cheaper.

Beko is Turkish :rolleyes:.

Owned by arcelik (school boy snigger) believe it or not

Sponsored Links
lol at some products you buy these days and you're offered an extended warranty e.g. £9.99 kettle or, as I recently experienced, a £10.99 pack of torx drivers from Amazon!

yeah, it is good business to sell warranties!

We have a Beko fridge freezer since 2004. Never had any problems.

I appreciate we may be lucky on that one.

As for extended warranties - never bought one. I'd rather put the money in savings.

However, I did buy a DVD player from Currys at weekend. Cost about £5, as I traded in the old one (broken) for £5, and we had about £20 in vouchers from Natwest. They seem to be good at selling what we need, but it took an age to get served, as customer services was glacially slow.

I now have 3 Bekos (drier, dishwasher, cooker) and a Bosch (washing machine). My lawnmower and cordless drill driver are also Bosch.
All performing well with no problems.

Sponsored Links
Back