Custom sensors and alarms for a shop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a problem because we need to know:
1) When someone walks in to the shop
2) When someone is waiting to be served at the till area
3) When someone opens the rear fire door (Eg shop lifter making a swift exit)

To address this, I want to consider installing:
1) Contact or Infrared line sensor on the doors to trigger an audio alert
2) Infrared line sensor at the till area to trigger an subtle audio alert
Caveat: We need an option to turn these sensors off when the shop is busy (eg weekends, because the sensors would be tripping every 10 seconds!) And I don't want anything that sounds annoying to staff and customers.

My preferred setup would be the sensor's are connected to a computer or controller, and the computer/controller outputs the audio alerts via a 3.5mm audio out connection which I will plug directly in to my tannoy amp. So we could have:

1) Recording played "Staff Announcement - Customer waiting at the till area" when the IR line sensor is crossed.
2) Subtle 1 second 'bing' when a customer walks in to the automatic door
3) Recording played "Warning - Rear fire door has been opened" when a shop lifter runs out of the back fire exit.
Things like that - does such a controller or application exist off the shelf?

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Think you would be best to seek a local professional company to advise on your options.

There are ways this could be achieved to some degree but wouldn't say its standard off the shelf equipment or setup wrt to intruder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back