Customers wanting to pay cash.

I think I committed tax evasion today. Or tax dodging. Or tax fraud?

Went to Greggs for a sandwich, was asked if I was eating in, I said no. But then as walking out saw it had started raining, and there was a spare seat, so sat down.

Is that unlawful?
Not at all. VAT is payable these days on prepared food where ever you eat it. They are asking so as to know how to wrap it.

Sponsored Links
but they wrap it the same way in Greggs regardless.

Sponsored Links
Not at all. VAT is payable these days on prepared food where ever you eat it. They are asking so as to know how to wrap it.
VAT is chargeable only on certain types of food and the VAT treatment may, indeed, in certain circumstances depend on whether it is regarded as takeaway or sitting-in food.

My jobs come in at around the £750-£2000 range. Not big money. Increasingly im getting customers offering cash for a discount. I am genuineley not interested becasue if i did accept every offer little would go through my accounts. And not only that my prices are very keen so i just cannot go lower. My dilema is i need the work so how would you/i politeley decline the offer but not lose the job? I know people are just trying it on but i do get people that go elsewhere once i refuse to budge.

Tell them that is a cash price and then put it through your books.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Back