Cuttign a holes into glass for a cat flap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

We've just bought a cat flap and I was hoping to install it into an old glass door in the kitchen extension. I think it may be double glazed or just thick single glazed, but all the seals are gone and there is condensation inside etc etc.. Basically, I'm not trying to protect it , it will be replaced in due course when we rebuild the extension.

Can I cut into this if I'm careful?

Is it possible to use a diamond tipped drill bit and maybe a jigsaw with the right blade or something along those lines?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
its likely to be toughened so new plastic panel or double /single glazed unit requires
is the door wood plastic or metal??

Tricky thing to do is cut holes in glass, especially something like a cat flap.
I would be thinking of replacing the glass for something a little more easier to work with maybe polycarbonate, there is a high risk that the glass will fail and shatter, other alternative is to get rid of the cat! I understand they have wheelie bins for them now :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Can't be done, you need a new glazing unit with the hole already cut, each pane has to be cut before the double glazed unit is assembled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back