Cutting an angled hole for a Bathroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone advise me the best way to go about cutting an angled hole for my Bathroom sink
I have attached a picture. My sink is a similar shape to this one.

Regards

Paul

Sponsored Links
This tiny likkle picture?

View media item 7868
Can hardly see it mate. Can you take a high-res photo of YOUR sink and what exactly you mean by an angled hole? I think you mean a hole that that sink would sit in, so the hole has angled edges. Clarify. I would think those type of sinks that sit on top of the surface would have a flat bottom on them for ease of fixing.

Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply. Yes mate you are correct. The edges are angled and the sink sits in it. The material is like a Kitchen worktop only not as thick. About 30mm. I was also wondering the best place to look for this if you have any suggestions.

I will get the exact picture of the sink and post it in over the next couple of days

Thanks again

Paul

OK, do the edges have to be angled? The way I see it is that the sink would sit ok on a hole cut at 90 degrees. Cutting an angle into it would be pointless, since you're never going to match the exact contours of the sink. You'll always end up with point supports, where the curved sink meets a wood corner edge. You'll offer no more support to the sink by cutting an angle.

If you wish to cut an angle, a decent jigsaw with a longish blade will do it. You'll need a jigsaw to cut the hole anyway.

Did the sink come with instructions that specify the diameter of the hole?

Sponsored Links
Hi Steve

Thanks for your mail. I'm open to suggestions for cutting it :confused: . I've had a look on the Net and I believe the sink is called a "Semi- recessed basin". The sink is the original sink. I am replacing the piece of worktop it sits in. So I don't have the template for it. View media item 7891
I've attached another picture. Hope this is better. I think your right. I may not have to cut it to the contour of the basin

Regards

Paul

It looks like the top hangs over the wood quite a bit, so it doesnt matter about precision. Dont you have the original piece of wood?

Hi Steve

Yes mate, have the old piece but it has angled edges. That's why I was wondering how these were cut. But like you said. they may not have to be

Regards

paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back