Cutting away skirting board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove some sections of skirting board so that my units will fit flush against the wall. I don't have a multi tool, and I don't want to buy one just for this one job.

What is standard practice when removing existing skirting boards? I'm assuming hammer and chisel... bolster?

Sponsored Links
Expect quite a bit of plaster damage if you get stuck in with a bolster chisel......you can minimise damage by locating the nails, expose the heads with a sharp wood chisel and pull the nails out with pincers.
Run a Stanley knife along the top and the skirting will come away reasonably well.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I bought a Bosch multi tool in order to neatly cut out one piece of skirting.

Since then I've used it hundreds of times and I wouldn't be without it - worth every penny!

Not uncommon; it's amazing how many people use there instead of their etc. And of course the only time I bothered to correct someone, I had several typos in the post.

Not uncommon; it's amazing how many people use there instead of their etc. And of course the only time I bothered to correct someone, I had several typos in the post.

At least there and their sound the same. I've been going around saying "brought" in my every day speech.

Ouch; still you're man enough to admit it, and I'm sure you'll get over the embarasment soon. Shame you're friends didn't correct you earlier - change them.

Well my family didn't correct me either. Perhaps they thought I was saying bought instead of brought.

Now I can understand that one. I discovered I had aspergers, and when I brought it up, the ex told me that she and her friends had known for some time, but they didn't want to upset me by telling me about it; that actually hurt more.

Well, I'd like to take this opportunity to make a formal apology here to anyone that has been negatively effected by my misuse of the English language. It certainly wasn't my intention to cause offence.

Trust me LC, most people on this site wouldn't take a blind bit of notice. Yours is better than most, and definitely better than mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back