Cutting in

Oh, so your not THE Emily Bronte, i am such an ignoramous, i really thought thats who you were, didnt she right those Harry Potter books?

You seem to be the only one that can't keep up so you keep trying and i'll keep posting and please feel free to point out anything you don't understand, after all you are rather good at it.
Whatever you say, drear!

Talking of banned you do have some experience though don't you Bradley?
Oh, absolutely. From two different forums, in fact. But in the first, I was completely exonerated and received a full apology, and in the second...well, let's just say I had already left by the time the Moderators lumbered into action. I now realise who you are, too.

Sponsored Links
Please do enlighten me as to who i am?

And don't you think if you were not so argumentative and derogatory to everyone you might actually be able to hang around?, gain a few mates and learn something instead of getting banned from everywhere you go?

And don't you think if you were not so argumentative and derogatory to everyone you might actually be able to hang around?, gain a few mates and learn something instead of getting banned from everywhere you go?

You're wrong on all five counts, I'm afraid.

There's nothing wrong with argument (in the intellectual sense). Those who never engage in it risk mental stagnation and the dangerous conviction that they are always right.

Derogatory? Only in response to comments in like vein, never unprovoked. And not to everyone, by any means.

I don't depend on the internet for my mates, thanks... I have real life ones.

I have learnt lots from various forums, thank you, whether or not I participate in them.

I don't get banned from 'everywhere I go'. Please don't exaggerate! :)

There is everything wrong with argument when its uncalled for, perhaps the words your looking for are debate and discuss, beyond you though i fear.

I'm sure you have lots of friends, do you not think its nice to have a good relationship with your fellow decs, instead of trying to wind them up and being rude to them?

Didn't think you knew who i REALLY was, cos i am dcdec, there's only one of me ya know ;)

Sponsored Links
There is everything wrong with argument when its uncalled for, perhaps the words your looking for are debate and discuss, beyond you though i fear.
Quite. To argue is to debate/discuss, present a reasoned case for something. Not at all beyond me - I made my living from it for a number of years, in fact. What would you like to debate?

I'm sure you have lots of friends, do you not think its nice to have a good relationship with your fellow decs, instead of trying to wind them up and being rude to them?
That must of course depend on your definition of 'rudeness'. It's not my intention to be rude or wind anyone up (unless of course they are gratuitously unpleasant, arrogant or insulting first, in which case they should expect to be challenged). I would remind you that your very first interaction with me was to criticise me (although you weren't rude as such). It is of course nice to be made to feel welcome and some members of this forum did indeed do that for me, for which I'm appreciative.

Didn't think you knew who i REALLY was, cos i am dcdec, there's only one of me ya know ;)
Really? Whatever you say! ;)

And with that, my friend, I'll bid you good night. Off to the pub with some real-life mates! :D

emily,

In your own words you say that you are or indeed you were an english teacher, also in your own words you say that you have been a decorator of 40+ years!!! Now I have been a decorator for 40+ years and i'm getting old, if you catch my drift.

Dec

I suggest you go back and read what I have written on the subject, if you're that bothered. You seem a bit obsessed, though. Don't be.

One thing i'm not is bothered, yet if you are a qualified teacher, and worked for over 40 years as a decorator, you should really be enjoying a cup of hot chocolate and relaxing on a comfy chair. Bless you my dear!! You must be getting on in years.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back