Cutting lead mains pipeI have a leaking stopcock which I need to replace. It's attached to 25mm lead mains pipe which come up vertically. I have a lea

Sponsored Links
But the stopcock wont fit directly onto that big nut, as stopcocks have a compression fitting which is incompatable with the nut. I very much doubt there will be stopcocks which will fit directly onto that nut anymore!

I'm assuming that what is going to be needed is a threaded fitting adapter which goes into the big nut, and can then be fitted directly to a new stopcock.
You will need a threaded adaptor and you can get valves/stopcocks with threaded connections, not compression fittings.

That round section will probably still be the gland nut, it just isn't a HEX end, does it look like it should screw out? If so a pair of vice grips will be needed.

Sponsored Links
Chop it off and stick a UTC on the steel pipe - you'll need to hack a bit of wall away behind the pipe for clearance. Make sure all the new stuff is 22mm to provide a bit of future proofing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back