Cutting Scotia beading correctly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening guys, losing the will to live trying to replace a couple of pieces of beading around the soil pipe boxing.

The bathroom roof slopes & for the life of me i cannot get them to fit together properly due to the slope angle. How do i measure/mark it out correctly. I don't seem able to cut both ends at the correct angle to make a good fit. Any ideas much appreciated, cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20230306_174015.jpg
    IMG_20230306_174015.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20230306_173946.jpg
    IMG_20230306_173946.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 69
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
you cannot change directions on 2 planes at the same time and get it accurate you need a short perhaps 50mm section when you change on one plane then the other so work out where you can best hide the extra joint with a few mm filler to the wall or other surface

you cannot change directions on 2 planes at the same time and get it accurate you need a short perhaps 50mm section when you change on one plane then the other so work out where you can best hide the extra joint with a few mm filler to the wall or other surface
When you say two planes, do you mean the edges of the boxing?

you cant go both up and sideways at the same time with a change off angle and get an exact match you can get close and with filler and sanding
it looks like you need to get the angle right as in both mitres must be exactly the same angle otherwise one will be different to the other

if you have a sliding bevel set it up for angle change and you will see it leans compared to what there if its on 2 plains at once

Last edited:
you cant go both up and sideways at the same time with a change off angle and get an exact match you can get close and with filler and sanding
it looks like you need to get the angle right as in both mitres must be exactly the same angle otherwise one will be different to the other

if you have a sliding bevel set it up for angle change and you will see it leans compared to what there if its on 2 plains at once
Cheer big-all: for that. Wish i had asked this question before i started, saved me a lot of aggro. I did the mitres the same to start with, but because i couldn't get it right i assumed i was doing something wrong. I have a sliding bevel somewhere, so will try & dig it out.

you wont forget this lesson quickly
its a great way to learn (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back