Mitre'ing beading.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, this may be blatantly obvious and I'm missing a trick or there is a tip out there to make this work.
Fine cutting the 45% mitre (using mitre jig saw) on the skirting boards but the beading is causing me a small headache. Due to the odd shape of this beading (scotia?) I'm not entirely sure where to make the cut - have tried on a practice piece but the angle is up in the clouds...hard to explain without a diagram I suppose - due to the five or so 'sides' of the beading a: it's hard to cut as you're resting on the small bit (which will 'hover' parallel to the floor) and b: the vertical cut seems to have it's own angle - say pointing towards 2 o'clock....making any sense :confused:

Sponsored Links
SnugsFlooringMaterials said:
[
Contact me if you need to purchase this product on its own.
That will only cut the mdf stuff, not solid (proper) beading. Had the cutter, tried the cutter, binned the cutter :LOL:

WoodYouLike said:
SnugsFlooringMaterials said:
[
Contact me if you need to purchase this product on its own.
That will only cut the mdf stuff, not solid (proper) beading. Had the cutter, tried the cutter, binned the cutter :LOL:

:LOL: LOL :LOL:

I hear this very often from people in the trade. You can cut the real wood bead with these cutters (as long as its not too thick). I spend a lot of time looking at products with floor layers and found these much better than the ones you can buy for a tenner at national DIY stores. But you are right to point this out Wood you Like. Thank you.

Richard

Sponsored Links
Dear Richard
You're not supposed to put blatant advertising in the posts, you can buy an ad (like we did).

There are proper solid wood beadings cutters available from the professional trade suppliers in The Netherlands (and Belgium of course), but that only comes in handy if you need to cut lots of beading (price-wise).
More and more customer want the flat beading (fortunately, personally can't stand the scotias or quadrants) and hubby has become a master in cutting the beading with proper mitre-saw table.

WoodYouLike said:
Dear Richard
You're not supposed to put blatant advertising in the posts, you can buy an ad (like we did).

There are proper solid wood beadings cutters available from the professional trade suppliers in The Netherlands (and Belgium of course), but that only comes in handy if you need to cut lots of beading (price-wise).
More and more customer want the flat beading (fortunately, personally can't stand the scotias or quadrants) and hubby has become a master in cutting the beading with proper mitre-saw table.

I'm not here to cause any offense, I was only making a reply to the question. Please ask one the administrators to remove my posting. It will not bother me in any way.

Click the edit button in your post and remove the www. , that'll do the trick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back