Cutting tiles with a bevel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am keen on some tiles for my bathroom which have a beveled edge. I was wondering if there would be any difficulty with cutting them with a dry cutter as it will not be possible to scribe the whole lenth of the tile as the two ends will run away from the cutting wheel.

If that is the case does that mean I will need to use a wet cutter?

I have linked to a picture of the type of tile I mean.

http://www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod964/section520/Metro-Black-Wall-Tile.html

Many thanks,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Should dry cut fine you can always roll the wheel back and forward a few times over the ends if there's any need.Major problem i find with this type of tile is trim at external corners especially if you're fixing them brick bond because trim depth that suits the edges isn't deep enough for the middle of a cut tile.

Should dry cut fine you can always roll the wheel back and forward a few times over the ends if there's any need.Major problem i find with this type of tile is trim at external corners especially if you're fixing them brick bond because trim depth that suits the edges isn't deep enough for the middle of a cut tile.

Thanks for that, I had not considered that problem, I am going to have to tile around a window which means external corners, I think I will rethink my options!!!

Sponsored Links
Good advice kev. Just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I hope you decide to stick around. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back