Dado rail - Stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am very lost here - i thought i could use a fret saw to remove the material from the back of the rail but due to the angle coming up the stairs it makes the dado on the 45 degree's 'taller' -

Any clues??

Sponsored Links
hmmm ok so i have worked out that its actually impossible. I'll work around it but the rise on the stairs means making a horizontal on the riser side look a bit naff but so be it

thanks

yeah i think your right,its one of those things which is a bit hard to explain,but i think i would have say a 1 inch return on the string side so it can be say a 22 degree cut?coming doen the stairs,then scribe the return on the landing into the 1 inch piece.

think its going to be a trial and error jobby.

you cannot change angles in two directions at once
as said above deal with one angle change then a few inches later later change the other direction

in this instance because you have already painted change from horizontal to 43% 3" before the corner then at the corner you can turn through 90 degrees and hopfully not drop below your paint line

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back