dado

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You will have to return the horizontal rail around the corner for a short distance, and then mitre the angled dado into this.

At the minimum, set the angled dado back so that the line of the top of it meets the horizontal one at the wall corner. Then you have the length of the horizontal one which is returned around the corner, and then you just half the angle of this and the angled dado to get the mitre angle

You will have to return the horizontal rail around the corner for a short distance, and then mitre the angled dado into this.

At the minimum, set the angled dado back so that the line of the top of it meets the horizontal one at the wall corner. Then you have the length of the horizontal one which is returned around the corner, and then you just half the angle of this and the angled dado to get the mitre angle

yep as woody says you need to deal with the horizontal [corner]join then the stair angle

so you either need too raise the stair line 3 inches or so and change the diagonal around the coner on the level

or lower the stair line and change to level just before the corner on the stairs

you cannot easily deal with changes of directions in 2 planes at once [its nearly impossible but not quite ;)

I wonder if it would be better/easier to fix a corner block on the stair side of the wall and just cut the two dados to this?

Something like one of these ...

02019686-lg.jpg

This was my suggestion Woody, but he just wanted to come and get more advice. Although the block is another option, and a good one at the but if i was to do it i would have one on either wall to even it all up! good advice guys and thanks for replying to my mates ?

;)

Noodles

Probably way too late but

IF the angle of the stairs is 45° you'd cut on the 22½ °degree bit on the mitre box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back