Daily Chinese spam posts - how are they deleted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Who has the 'authority' to delete these as they appear? Moderators? Administrators? Others? Just curious on how hard/easy/quick it is to do.

Sponsored Links
i could be wrong but i believe if two or more people report a post by a new poster it is put on hold for mods attention and no longer visible

Sponsored Links
I always report one spam post. I just type spam post in box.
Admin should get a notification and act when they can.
It's the problem of site admin to sort, plus they have options to get help if required. To remove is easy though taking seconds.

It’s normally finished by the time I log on in the morning. I look at the non-Chinese spam posts, click the 'mark forums read' box and that’s it for the day. Not today though…….

We are now getting crap off aagswasda, (or similar), each day.
All he/she/it posts are a couple of numbers and letters.

They’re even spamming the ads now :D

1608DDCD-9A66-4EA5-B809-98CB260C8921.png

Just curious on how hard/easy/quick it is to do.
Quite easy if you can mod the forum code. Disallow any post containing chinese characters then you don't even have to delete. You can specifically target the characters in common verbs in all languages. Anything that still gets through can be dealt with individually with special programming rules.

Quite easy if you can mod the forum code. Disallow any post containing chinese characters then you don't even have to delete. You can specifically target the characters in common verbs in all languages. Anything that still gets through can be dealt with individually.
So, a bit like the swear filter then?

Disallow any post containing chinese characters then you don't even have to delete.
I don't know what safeguards are already in place, but these posts may be getting past them.

If you have been awake when they first appear (sometimes very early in the morning!), the posts are usually a few (5 or 6) random Roman characters.
When the user has created a few of these posts, they are then edited to include the full message in Chinese - probably cut and pasted in one go.

Disallowed characters means neither new nor edits can be posted. Most free forum software are designed to enable spamming. If the software here is paid then the code can only be changed by the devs, who will likely not care, or slow to respond to the point of being useless.

Sponsored Links
Back