Daily Mail, plumbing the depths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On their website there's a large photo of the gunman standing over a young lad pleading for his life.
The young lad is circled (just in case you miss him).
Never mind news international....

Sponsored Links
On their website there's a large photo of the gunman standing over a young lad pleading for his life.
The young lad is circled (just in case you miss him).
Never mind news international....

Did you not think to post a link? :rolleyes:

Can you not work out how to find the daily mail website? :rolleyes:

Do you have to have your Rse wiped for you as well (spelt Rse)

I take it the actual picture on the site doesn't offend your tastes then?
Or couldn't you work out how to find it after all?

Sponsored Links
I take it the actual picture on the site doesn't offend your tastes then?
Or couldn't you work out how to find it after all?

Never looked for it, sorry not into that sort of thing. I suppose oinkers are though.

I clicked on the daily mail website and was presented with that awful photograph. I had no warning and therefore had no choice but to view it.
I deliberately did not post a link but described what I had seen, and registered my disgust. This was to stop anyone else having to see it without making a conscious decision to do so because of me. You have now reproduced it here and, worse, in another thread. Now there will be people who will happen on that picture as I did. Well done moron.

mods whoever you are, take those pictures down that this idiot has posted.

Well you brought it to attention.

The thought that a national newspaper should deem it acceptable to print this picture is truly depressing. It wouldn't have happened even 5 years ago. That's the true cost to this country of the "Murdoch effect" The lowering of standards and the general dumbing down of societies expectations to a point where dheads like you are the norm rather than the exception.

My mistake, I've just been reminded of the picture the mirror posted after Hillsborough. So it's been going on much longer than 5 years, though that doesn't alter the fact that this kind of salacious reporting is becoming more and more common. The mirror suffered quite a backlash then and I hope the Mail gets at least verbally hammered for this one.

Well if all the papers were curtailed in thier publishing where would the news come from?

Why do scousers always bring up hillsborough? Why not mention Belsen? The Japanese war camps? The 7/11 atrocities?

You really have to understand the place was a disaster awaiting to happen. Scousers selling duplicate tickets. Others trying to bunk in.

Then you all blame others, yes there were errors. Enhanced by thieves and scum. Yet all you scousers do is try and blame everyone else!
And before you wet your mums knickers I have scouse relations. So can speak on this with some knowledge.

Sooey....

The picture isn't exactly a shocking clear graphic image is it..???

I don't know, but to me, it isn't.
Can't see a f*ckin thing to be honest.
Although I do get the jist after explanation, it's hardly shocking.

Alarm the more you post the more stupid you prove yourself to be. I'll leave it at that because I don't want to let you drag me down to your moronic level and beat me with experience.

LMB
You're missing the point I think. The picture itself is bad enough, the offensive thing to me is that a national paper should see it as printable. It really shows how far standards in this country have slipped.

LMB
the offensive thing to me is that a national paper should see it as printable. It really shows how far standards in this country have slipped.

I find the publishing of a picture that you can't make head 'o' tail of offensive.

Can't see where you're coming from on this one.

You're right, standards have plummeted in this country.......But it's not down to the papers.

I do feel that the press should publish photo's which are relevant to the reporting of various news items. How many of us remember the photo's of airliners crashing into the twin towers on 9/11. Were we disgusted with the press for showing what was the instant of the death of 300+ passengers and crew on these aircraft?.
Sooey. perhaps your the reincarnation of Mary Whitehouse (complained about TV programs in the 70's, not realising she could change channels or choose not to turn the bloody TV on in the first place) She was the supposed, "people's censor." ( firkin idiot if you ask me). Typical tirade from her was "The program was disgusting,,, I could hardly keep watching it (but had to)... you could see the ladies ankles from a distance of 1/2 mile."

Freedom of the press is exactly that. Would you rather the news was heavily censored??

Example.... "Good evening , this is the news from the BBC,,,,,, Today in Oslo, no one died following an explosion in the city centre, that never happened. 80+ teenagers didn't get shot a few hours later, by a gunman, who wasn't dressed as a policeman." "In other news, peace reigns in Afghanistan. A British soldier didn't die in an horrific explosion, not caused by an IED which didn't fail to explode, because it wasn't there."

If we censor the Press and TV News,, this is the sort of reports we'll soon be getting.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

The press and tv news has always been censored. Self censored by the editors based on what they think is socially acceptable and what they think they can get away with. That's why they have editors.
The twin towers being shown on live tv was understandable because it was a huge event that was happening before peoples eyes without anybody (including tv editors) realising just how serious it was. By the time they did it was world news on every station. Even then they had the judgement not to show close up film of the poor people who had to jump as they were falling. I know photos are available on the internet. Nowadays they'd be poking around in the ruins, elbowing the rescuers out of the way to see if they could get some good shots of the blood stains where the poor b*ggers landed.
As for Mary Whitehouse, I'm no prude and in those days I thought she was an iirrelevant nuisance. The woman may have gone a bit too far but she was dead right in what she saw happening, that little box in the corner of the room is largely responsible for the spread of moronic behaviour throughout the world. Now it's been superceded by the internet.

Sponsored Links
Back