Daisies, Daisies and more flaming Daisies!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cut the lawn twice a week on a low cut but 2 days later there are daisies springing up all over again.

Is there anything on the market that will kill them, and dandelions, for good without harming the grass?

Sponsored Links
Cut the lawn twice a week on a low cut but 2 days later there are daisies springing up all over again.

Is there anything on the market that will kill them, and dandelions, for good without harming the grass?

Evergreen 4 in 1 works wonders. Just make sure you follow the instructions to the letter, and don't be one of these people who says its crap :)

Thanks Evostance. Will give it a try.
Will have to wait until next weekend now as back in work tomorrow.

Go for just a weed and feed unless you want to scarify also, a 4 in 1 will have moss killer which will leave the moss black and needing raked out.

Sponsored Links
Go for just a weed and feed unless you want to scarify also, a 4 in 1 will have moss killer which will leave the moss black and needing raked out.

This is true, however it leaves more room for the grass to grow too, so the ratio of grass to weed is higher :)

Also, don't leave it till the weekend.

Get it on now so it's not walked on. If its not rained in 3 days, give it a good water. Don't mow it 3 days before or after treatment.

2-3 weeks, give it a good rake to get rid of the moss and dead weeds, watch the grass grow back thicker than ever

For Daisies and other weeds (does not work on Moss) I can recommend: Weedol /Verdone Extra Lawn Weedkiller,
simply because its liquid so easy to put on and I only put it on once a year and seems to stop all the Daisies for the whole year.
sfk

I find them quite useful as an indication of where I have and have not mown the grass!

Seriously, my wife insists on the grass being cut long before it grows long enough to make it look very noticeable.

I can vouch for Weedol/Verdone. However I've stopped doing this because I like bumblebees.

Cheers
Richard

Thanks Richard. I love watching bumble bees and honey bees around the garden and certainly don't want to do anything that may harm them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back