How dangerous is daisy chaining?

Were we not talking about plug in charger and not sockets with USB power supplies built into the sockets.

The discussion was originally about how many multi-way extensions could be plugged into a ring circuit. It then moved on to the possibility of plugging in 1000 USB chargers, into those multi-way extensions and the possibility that if all were suddenly powered up at the same instant, it would likely take out the 13amp fuse in the multi-way, possibly even the 32amp MCB, maybe the cut-out fuse too.

Sponsored Links
I’ve just looked up the meaning of daisy chaining. One that came up was in the urban dictionary. There’s several versions. Good gawd!

If you’re a bit sensitive, don’t look!

Sponsored Links
Ah I see your blue words are not a link, I found out what daisy chaining is from a colleague about 1990, however it seems the act has changed in the last 40 years as I knew it to be someting more specific to non female sockets...:whistle:(y)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back