Daisy Chain Halogens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I have recently purchased a set of 50W halogen spotlights that do not require a transformer. The instructions suggest that they can be daisy chained using a 1.0mm core cable. Can somebody please explain to me how this is done and if the beginning and end of the chain can be connected to the original rose.

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
run a cable from the source (junction box or whatever) to the first light, and loop in and out of each one. I wired some of these up last year, they were from B&Q, and i was trying to use 1.5mm² 2c flex, but 2 of them wouldn't fit in the tiny holes in top of each light, i had to use junction boxes at each point. Perhaps smaller 1.0mm² flex would fit.

That's where these are from, excuse my ignorance (i just want to be sure of the description as i have limited knowledge of lighting) when you say loop in and out can you be a little more specific.

source -------light----------light---------light

but as i said, you may have difficulty getting 2 chunky flexes in these. What size cable/flex are you using? If it's a larger size you may need junction boxes at each fitting.

Sponsored Links
I haven't started yet but the instrunctions suggest 1mm core cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back