Damage to wooden floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1887AE38-1B1E-485F-BC0A-61ABF06109EC.jpeg
59159B49-DD4B-43D0-BB65-999D8256682D.jpeg
7898CBDD-F928-4711-BBB8-CBEC35881CAA.jpeg
Hi

We have engineered wood floor in conservatory. Cleaning yesterday and noticed scoring where chair had been moved back and for. Is there any fix for this, short of replacement?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes.

Place a damp/wettish cotton cloth over it and iron briefly with a hot iron, remove, reapply etc.. until the dents come out. Allow to fully dry. Use very fine glasspaper (240 grit or finer) to remove scuffs and apply the correct oil/varnish sanding between coats.

Hi again

Been unwell for last few months. Now want to get floor done before in-laws come down. Floor was put down about seven years ago. How would I find the correct oil/varnish combination?

Ta

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, that's the million dollar question. Since it's original colour, it's had 7 years of wear and UV light so finding an exact colour is by luck.

I've put many a wooden floor down but never had to varnish/oil any. Only once I found out which oil the manufacture had used and bought a tin for the customer. It was an OSMA oil. But then, you have the choice between Matt and Gloss etc.. finish.

buy a mat.

Then the wood surrounding the mat turns a totally different colour to the area under the mat. Then you have a square on the floor.

The thing is, wooden floors are there to get scratched, scuffed, dented and different colours,; that's a wooden floor for you. For those who want to retain a pristine wooden floor, keep it in the box.

Then the wood surrounding the mat turns a totally different colour to the area under the mat. Then you have a square on the floor.

The thing is, wooden floors are there to get scratched, scuffed, dented and different colours,; that's a wooden floor for you. For those who want to retain a pristine wooden floor, keep it in the box.
brilliant post
exactly what i say about real wood and about gloss kitchens
not user friendly if you want to use it :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back